Monday, October 13, 2008, 8:32 AM
greeting card

The colour assignment required us to create a greeting card. I have never really gave much attention and thought to colours before, always adhering to the philosophy of "whatever appeals to me... works". But this assignment has somewhat opened my eyes to the possibilities, variations, and most importantly the impact colours can have on people.

So I set on creating a christmas card. The requirements mentioned about using colours as the main way to convey the message, so I decided to go with a simple, minimalistic kind of design. Using simple lines and shapes, in this case squares of various sizes, I created a christmas tree. And for the all familiar star at the top, I rotated the square to a diamond shape to make it stand out.

Initially the card was suppose to be folded in half, but I realise it actually look much better as a whole portrait piece. And after playing around with the colours, I found the contrasting variations to be rather appealing, in particular the green and pink high contrast. I might be going with the pink version as it looks appealing, but does not seem to be as overused, mainstream feel to it.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Profile

Jun Lin

A subscriber of Living for the Moment.

An aspiring artist (or so he likes to think) who believes that if he is pleased with his own work, then that is what matters.
And you should too.

For in your own doodle realm... you are truly free...

Links

deviant art

Archives

  1. September 2008
  1. October 2008
  1. November 2008